“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
What’s the Difference Between Mold Removal and Mold Remediation?
The difference between mold removal and mold remediation is that mold removal is physically removing all mold spores while mold remediation focuses on returning mold levels to normal, natural levels.
The terms Mold remediation and mold removal are interchangeable. However, achieving the latter is impossible. Since airborne mold spores are microscopic and abound in both the outdoor and indoor environments, it is technically impossible to remove all mold in the atmosphere.
Mold remediation of a mold-infested property will return mold levels to an acceptable, natural level. Bear in mind there is no such thing as completely removing mold from the environment. The remediation process will just clean up the spores so mold levels are no longer harmful to the building or its inhabitants.
When a mold outbreak is extensive (equal to or greater than 10 square feet), consulting a professional mold remediation service is recommended. Property owners can otherwise typically clean up minor mold issues. Building owners should recognize when mold becomes an issue.
SERVPRO North Lauderdale / West Tamarac uses a professional mold remediation processes that thoroughly removes mold growth from the property. Materials that are heavily damaged by mold are appropriately disposed of. Anti-microbial agents are applied to deter future mold growth. Skilled technicians also repair any goods damaged by mold.
If you feel your home or business may be affected, call us today: 954-960-5322
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (954) 960-5322
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (954) 960-5322
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of North Lauderdale / West Tamarac is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2070 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.